Final Cut Pro is an Apple-supported software application that allows users to create and edit videos. In Final Cut Pro, you can add music to enhance your video, such as using music to play in the background of your video or during opening and closing credits. Music files stored on your computer can be added to your project in Final Cut Pro. You can add music to your video using the Timeline toolbar or by importing it into Final Cut Pro, where it is stored on your computer.
How to add music in Final Cut Pro: 13 steps
- Determine whether the application supports the music file you want to add to your Final Cut Pro project. Final Cut Pro supports AAC, AIFF, BWF, CAF, MP3, MP4, and WAV audio file formats.
- Go to and open Final Cut Pro on your computer.
- Click the project library icon, which resembles a reel of film, in the lower left corner of the session.
- Navigate to the project you want to add music to and open it by double-clicking the file name.
- Navigate to the timeline in your project. The timeline is where all of your video montages and video and audio clip arrangements are made. The timeline can be found at the bottom of your Final Cut Pro session.
- Go to the Timeline toolbar located in the upper right corner of the Timeline section, and click the Music and Sound icon to open the Music and Sound browser. The Music and Sound icon resembles a musical note.
- Select a music file or music source using the Music and Sounds browser.
- Navigate to where the music file is stored on your computer, or select a source such as iTunes to browse the files in your iTunes library. The Music and Sounds Browser will allow you to search for a specific title, browse for songs, and select multiple songs to add to your video.
- Click on the music file you want and drag it to the spot on the timeline you want to play during the video. Add music by importing to cart
- Navigate to and click “File” on the toolbar at the top of your Final Cut Pro session.
- Specify “Import” and select the “Media” option.
- Locate the music file you want to use in your video from where it is stored on your computer, and click “Import Selected.” This procedure will place a copy of the music file in the garbage can, which contains all the other media files that you have imported into your project, such as video clips. The bin is the square-shaped section in the upper left corner of your Final Cut Pro project.
- Move the music file by clicking and dragging it to the empty sequence area on the timeline where you want the music to play during the video.
A sequence is a section that allows you to edit parts of the video, such as text, audio and video, and represents a small portion of time that exists on the timeline. The sequence section is located directly to the right of your hopper.
How do I add free music to Final Cut Pro?
There are a few different ways that you can add music to your Final Cut Pro project. One way is to simply drag and drop the audio file into your timeline. Alternatively, you can use the “Media Browser” function to locate and import the audio file into your project. Once the audio is imported, you can then drag it down into your timeline.
Another way to add music to Final Cut Pro is by using Apple Loops. With Apple Loops, you can choose from a variety of different looping audio files that will automatically adjust themselves to match the length of your project. To use Apple Loops, simply open the “Loop Browser” within Final Cut Pro and browse through the available options. When
Does Final Cut Pro have free music?
Yes, there are a few websites that offer royalty-free music for use in Final Cut Pro.
One great resource is PremiumBeat.com. They have a library of high-quality music tracks that you can download and use in your projects with no restrictions.
Another great option is the YouTube Audio Library. This library offers a wide variety of royalty-free music tracks to choose from, and you can even filter your search results by genre or instrument type.
How do you add music to Final Cut video?
Answer: You can add music to your Final Cut video by either downloading an existing song or recording a new one. If you want to use an existing song, make sure that you have the rights to do so. Once you have the song, drag it into the timeline of your video. If you recorded a new song, export it as an .aiff file and then drag it into the timeline of your video. To adjust the volume of your music, simply click on the clip in the timeline and then use the “Volume” slider in the inspector window. Finally, to make sure that your music starts playing at the beginning of your video, simply click on the ” inserts silence at head” button in the audio section of the inspector window.
Can you use any music in Final Cut Pro?
Answer: You can use any music in Final Cut Pro, but you must have the rights to use the music commercially.
If you don’t have the rights to use the music commercially, then you can only use it for personal, non-commercial purposes. This means that you can’t use the music in videos that you plan to sell or license.
Final Cut Pro allows you to import a variety of audio formats, including MP3s, AACs, and WAVs. You can also import music from iTunes or GarageBand. Once imported, you can edit and enhance the music using Final Cut Pro’s built-in audio tools.
One thought on “How to add music in Final Cut Pro”
Hi, this is a comment.
To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.
Comments are closed.